Re: survey on Friday IETF sessions

2004-07-22 11:44:52

On Jul 22, 2004, at 6:30 AM, Michael Richardson wrote:

  I think it comes back to:
    a) some groups probably shouldn't meet as often
    b) some groups perhaps shouldn't exist at all
c) some groups need 6-10 hours of continuous face-time in which they
       can actually get things done. We have pushed such things to
       interim meetings, sometimes with success, sometimes without.
       The problem is that these groups get 4 hours at IETF, easily
       fill that, and still feel that they didn't get everything done.

Perhaps we should raise the bar on what it takes to get a slot at the IETF meeting. For example, try to come up with some objective criteria for what deserves a 1hr slot, 2hrs, multiple, etc. This might even nudge groups into making some additional progress ("you can't have your meeting if you don't hit a/some milestones").

BTW, regarding the survey: there's only been 80 responses so far. My take is that people don't care about the issue enough to voice their opinion.

--aaron