Re: survey on Friday IETF sessions

2004-07-22 05:20:43
On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 05:07:25PM -0700, Fred Baker wrote:
At 09:51 PM 07/21/04 +0200, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
New survey question: How many lunches and dinners did you have at the last
IETF that were NOT meetings....?

For me, it is rare to have meals that are not meetings of some sort. And I
often have face-to-face editing sessions on IETF business or
offline-but-topical discussions with customers and partners during slots
that I don't have scheduled meetings in.

I think it is useful to have lunch gaps to have fringe meetings, and many
people may wish to retain the ability to arrange gatherings outside the
main program.

I've also been to Internet 2 meetings where they have WG or special
interest meetings through lunch, and you take lunch into the meeting.
That seems to work fine.   These are meetings on the agenda, rather than
the ad-hoc IETF groupings that might (do) happen.

I can remember an IETF over a year ago where Iljitsch and Michel organised
a whole week of unofficial multi6 meetings through the event.   So if
you pick your slots, and the people are determined, anything is possible :)
(and that IETF really helped get multi6 back on track)

Tim