RE: first steps (was The other parts of the report...)

2004-09-14 06:40:54
Agreed.  External Internet connectivity, internal Internet access and a
terminal room are all included in the envelope.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: graham(_dot_)travers(_at_)bt(_dot_)com
[mailto:graham(_dot_)travers(_at_)bt(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 3:53 AM
To: bwijnen(_at_)lucent(_dot_)com; steve(_at_)stevecrocker(_dot_)com;
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: first steps (was The other parts of the report...)

Umm, not so fast....

When we hosted the London meeting, we were told which venue
was to be used.  It turned out that we had to install extra
network capacity to the hotel, especially for the meeting,
because the hotel didn't have what was required. ( So the
hotel did pretty well out of it. )

There's more to arranging an IETF venue than securing the
right number of meeting rooms.  We need to get the functional
requirements for these things specified properly.

      Regards,

      Graham Travers

      International Standards Manager
      BT Group

      e-mail:   graham(_dot_)travers(_at_)bt(_dot_)com
      tel:      +44(0) 1359 235086
      mobile:   +44(0) 7808 502536
      HWB279, PO Box 200,London, N18 1ZF, UK

BT Group plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England and Wales no. 4190816 This electronic
message contains information from BT Group plc which may be
privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be
for the use of the
individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the
intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in
error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers
or address above) immediately. Activity and use of the BT
Group plc E-mail system is monitored to secure its effective
operation and for other lawful business purposes.
Communications using this system will also be monitored and
may be recorded to secure effective operation and for other
lawful business purposes.