Re: Things that I think obvious....

2004-09-15 10:06:50

In my previous response, I think I missed one important implied questions in your message:

3 - The community has accepted the problem description and principles laid out in RFC 3716.

I'll interpret this statement as a question:

As a member of the community, do I personally agree with the problem description and principles laid out in RFC 3716?

The answer to this question is "yes, for the most part". I think we've learned a bit since RFC 3716 was written, but IMO the AdvComm did a good job of identifying the problems. I also agree with their conclusion, that we need to formalize an IETF administrative support activity that is accountable and transparent to the IETF community.

Margaret