Re: WG Review: Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance (behave) (fwd)

2004-09-25 02:27:22

Who said anything about necessary state and reasonable timeouts?  I've
seen more than one brand of consumer-grade box with NAT features that
could not be turned off, and that even in their most permissive settings
kill ssh sessions after an hour or two whether the ssh sessions had
been active or not.

I have one that shot down my ssh sessions after 5 minutes of aparent
inactivity - "Hey this tcp session hasn't seen any pr0n in 5 minutes.
It must be a stalled http. Let's kill it!" This is a *major* supplier
of soho equipment. Moreover it was clear from the support-forum that
this was a concious choice. The question is what effect a BCP from the
BEHAVE-wg would have. Personally I am an optimist.

        Cheers Leif