Re: Reminder: Poll about restructuring options

2004-09-29 23:39:13
<rant>
I'm a bit fed up with the discussion under this subject field.

The issues that we are trying to solve have been on the table
since the draft that became RFC 3716 was published in late 2003,
and a range of solutions are sketched in
draft-malamud-consultant-report-01.txt,
and we've talked about those, and they have been refined after
that discussion down to two, for which I am mighty grateful.

I haven't noticed any drafts proposing concrete alternatives.

A poll that asks for choice between X, Y and Neither seems like
the only rational way forward in that situation.

</rant>

   Brian