Re: Internet-Draft cutoffs and getting work done

2004-10-20 04:11:38

--On onsdag, oktober 20, 2004 09:31:06 +0100 Colin Perkins <csp(_at_)csperkins(_dot_)org> wrote:

that was what the procedure used to be - and someone had to keep track
of the pile of I-D submissions for which there was no response (yet)
from the WG chair. That extra load is what the secretariat has been
trying to avoid during the rush.

Can't we just require the working group chairs to send approvals before
the submission deadline? Much of the problem before was that there was no
definite cut-off date for approvals.

when was "before"?

there's been definite cut-off dates for approvals for at least 3 years (see the deadline announcement messages).

(I think the secretariat has accepted some late approvals, though...)