RE: Yahoo is not using ESMTP

2004-11-15 05:50:41
At 04:17 PM 11/10/04 -0800, Sean Dorman wrote:
Should ISP's increase the minimum acceptable attachment size to 10M?

That is the ISP's choice. As a percentage of total volume, SMTP/ESMTP is a small proportion of total traffic, or so please I can read sample measurements (like http://www.caida.org/dynamic/analysis/workload/sdnap/0_0_/ts_top_n_app_bytes.html) would lead me to believe.

I just looked at the report for that interface, and have attached the GIF of the throughput for the past hour. At that particular measurement point during this particular hour, SMTP/ESMTP is noise.

If anything this will burden the Internet even more.

Really?