Re: Yahoo is not using ESMTP

2004-11-15 12:20:40
At 09:36 AM 11/15/04 -0800, Randy Presuhn wrote:
The protocol distribution is different now, though still not showing much SMTP compared to HTTP, etc.

:^)

Like any other internet link, it changes from millisecond to millisecond. large components tend to include "tcp-other", http, and so on.

It would be interesting to know what all that "tcp-other" traffic was. The seven-day chart shows the TCP-other with a daily spike at midnight and a fat weekly spike on Sunday. My guess would be that backup traffic would account for the pattern.

That is likely a component. I tend to read "tcp-other" as "port-agile protocols", aka "kazaa etc"...