Re: How the IPnG effort was started

2004-11-18 04:11:26

--On torsdag, november 18, 2004 10:26:07 +0100 "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey(_at_)jefsey(_dot_)com> wrote:

The least they want to hear is "relative ease of acquiring v6 address
space" even least than "relative ease to delpoy". This is what we think
great. This is something they do not even understand. They want a
permanent numeric ID they will be able to use everywhere. Just in
powering up.

You know, just like a mobile number.

you know, there was this newfangled thingie invented a few months ago called a "name".... not only can you get it for nearly-free, it's actually written in letters so that you can tell someone else what it is without having to Spell Out All These Numbers.... gosh, I've even heard of people REMEMBERING them..... sometimes even on the first try.....

and oh yes, you can use it with some fancy stuff back on the Internet to look up stuff like those silly numbers you never want to look at again... I think they call it the Domain Name System or something....

Numbers are for losers and technologists.