Re: How the IPnG effort was started

2004-11-19 15:30:54
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:10:33 +0100, Kurt Erik Lindqvist said:

I have long thought that the knowledge of having long (life-long)
persistent, well-spread unique personal identifiers are bad was general
knowledge. Then again, I guess the US biometric stuff has proven me
wrong on that already.

Sometimes, the political importance of Being Seen Doing Something outweighs
the ethical importance of Doing It Right.

You decide for yourself if I'm a paranoid cynic or just a realist - most of
the time, I can't tell the difference myself. :)