Re: How the IPnG effort was started

2004-11-18 12:16:25
Franck,

You cannot get allocations for the SOPAC countries?

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Franck Martin wrote:

Paul Vixie wrote:

How long have folks been predicting ~5yr windows?

forever.

Not to diminish your table or anything, but markets don't work in binary,
and the problem has been with access more than anything else.

i am directly aware of latent address space needs that are 50X larger than
all of ipv4.  geoff huston's note hit this on the head.  "even at /29..."

For the moment what I'm working on is on ensuring that countries can get
assigned a reasonable amount of IPv6 space. A lot of countries are below
radar in the IPv6 assignement. When you have a population of less than
100,000 and when the IPv6 minimum allocation caters for every human,
pig, horse, dog and grain of sand of that country....

Yes this is a NIC problem, but I wanted to let you know. APNIC is aware
of the needs fo small countries in their constituency, I guess there is
a similar problem in the carabean and other places...

Cheers

Franck Martin
franck(_dot_)martin(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
"Toute connaissance est une réponse à une question"
G. Bachelard

sleekfreak pirate broadcast
http://sleekfreak.ath.cx:81/