Re: AdminRest: IASA BCP: Finances and Accounting - principles

2004-11-27 10:01:22

Hi Bert,

I agree with Scott and others that the "principles" you have outlined below are not high-level enough to be basic principles. Basic principles would, IMO, be things like:

1. Transparency: The IETF Community should be informed of how all monies related to the IASA are collected and spent.

2. Accountability: All IASA expenses must be approved by people who are accountable to the IETF community (the IAOC) or by people accountable to the IAOC (IAD and/or other IASA employees).

3. Integrity: The IASA finances should be tracked and maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices and shall scrupulously adhere to all applicable laws and rules.

I have some other comments on your proposed principles in-line: