Adminrest: section 3.5b

2004-12-01 22:13:24

draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-01 section 3.5 goes on to say:
   Decisions of IAOC members or the entire IAOC are subject to appeal
   using the procedures described in RFC 2026 [RFC2026].  Appeals of
   IAOC decisions go first to the IESG, then continue up the chain as
   necessary to the IAB and the ISOC Board of Trustees.

I do not like this

the way its written a random person could appeal the awarding of a
contract to vendor and thereby potentially perpetrating a denial of
service on the IETF while the appeal process was being followed through

I do not know that there are no decisions of the IAOC members or the
entire IAOC that could be appeled usefully but I can not think of one
offhand - I think this clase should be removed - or significantally
restricted in what can be appealed (and I'd say a null set)

Scott