Re: IASA BCP -02 Designated Donations - section 5.3

2004-12-13 17:36:14
At 16:38 13/12/2004, Sam Hartman wrote:

    JFC> Tax aspects on donations will, most probaly in many
    JFC> countries, call for donations to a legally incorporated
    JFC> entity. What is the IETF legal entity I am to write on the
    JFC> check and then claim for resulting tax benefits for
    JFC> supporting research. No tax controller will buy that ISOC is
    JFC> an R&D lab.  jfc

The IETF is an engineering organization, not a research lab.  Most of
the funding will not go to activities that would traditionally be
described as research.

I am afraid this is not exact for two reasons. (1) I target by what is not covered by the "most" (2) this is US nexus, each country has its own laws. The point is not to dispute the international environment but to know the name on the check.
jfc

--Sam