Re: Adminrest: BCP -03: Compensation for IAOC members

2004-12-31 06:59:28
just being willing to pay travel expenses might make it possible for
someone to be able to do the IAOC job (since I think it can be done
in non-day-job time) - that is not the case for IAB or IESG members

To be honest, I don't quite follow this logic. What would be the major
difference here on the reimbursement?

the key difference is if the job can be done while holding down a
full time day-job (so the employer does not have to donate significant
time) - since an AD job is at least half time it can not be done
without significant employer support (or by someone with their own
money) - if the IAOC job can be done on someone's own time then
they do not need employer support for their time and, if the expenses
for the few trips needed are covered, support for travel (outside of
normal IETF travel)

Scott