Re: Adminrest: BCP -03: Compensation for IAOC members

2004-12-30 12:19:38
I admit that I maybe have too much a view point of someone working for a
relatively large company.

not everyone does

I try to approach this from a position where
the IAOC itself does not become a significant cost for IASA.

I agree - see my note - I do not think that face to face meetings are
all that needed but might happen for special things

However, as these are the people that are responsible for setting the
budget and supervising the finances of the IASA and there is no real
owner to control the expenses it would be clearer to have the IAOC
members being responsible for their own expenses.

that limits who can be on the IAOC to people who can afford it not to
those who would do the best job

If we would decide to reimburse traveling I think we cannot make the
distinction between meetings co-located with IETF or not. There will
always be people to argue that they wouldn't or couldn't come to the
IETF and travel to IAOC meetings during the IETF should also be
reimbursed.

I disagree - I do not think we should easily have people who do not
come to the IETF on the IAOC deciding what is good for the IETF

Scott