Re: Adminrest: BCP -03: Compensation for IAOC members

2004-12-31 06:43:34
Sam,

most probably (I would guess) you have a bridge with a US phone number
(both toll and toll-free). However, people from outside US have to pay
for the long distance fee to call those numbers. However, maybe that
particular information was a little bit too specific...

Cheers,

Jonne.

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 02:39, ext Sam Hartman wrote:
"Soininen" == Soininen Jonne (Nokia-NET/Helsinki)
<jonne(_dot_)soininen(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com> writes:

    Soininen> x.x IAOC members compensation for labor, travel, and
    Soininen> other costs

    Soininen>  The IAOC membership is considered voluntary. Hence, the
    Soininen> costs sustained by the members to participate in the
    Soininen> IAOC are not be reimbursed by the IASA or the
    Soininen> ISOC. These costs include but are not limited to time
    Soininen> used to perform duties of IAOC, travel to face-to-face
    Soininen> meetings and accommodation during the meetings, and
    Soininen> long-distance calls to IAOC teleconferences.

I don't know about IAB calls, but with some exceptions IESG members do
not pay to participate in the telechats.
--
Jonne Soininen
Nokia

Tel: +358 40 527 46 34
E-mail: jonne(_dot_)soininen(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com