RE: Consensus? #771 Powers of the Chair of the IAOC

2005-01-05 08:41:16
Harald writes:

It also seems to me that it fits better if
rearranged a bit. What about this?

   The members of the IAOC shall select one of its appointed voting
   members to serve as the chair of the IAOC.

   The chair of the IAOC shall have the authority to manage the
   activities and meetings of the IAOC.

   The term
   of the IAOC chair shall be one year, with no restriction on renewal.
   The chair of the IAOC may be removed at any time by the affirmative
   vote of two-thirds of the voting members of the IAOC, or as a result
   of his or her departure from the IAOC.

I think that there is no need to specify at all what authorities the IAOC
chair does NOT have - that list would, as Bert points out, be infinitely
long.

Makes sense?

Works for me.

Bert