Re: Consensus? #771 Powers of the Chair of the IAOC

2005-01-05 09:45:14
Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no> writes:

--On onsdag, januar 05, 2005 08:09:59 -0800 EKR <ekr(_at_)rtfm(_dot_)com>
wrote:

   The members of the IAOC shall select one of its appointed voting
   members to serve as the chair of the IAOC.

   The chair of the IAOC shall have the authority to manage the
   activities and meetings of the IAOC.

   The term
   of the IAOC chair shall be one year, with no restriction on renewal.
   The chair of the IAOC may be removed at any time by the affirmative
   vote of two-thirds of the voting members of the IAOC, or as a result
   of his or her departure from the IAOC.

I hate to be a horrible nitpicker here, but the departure from the
IAOC *shall* result in the chair being removed, right? I'm not sure
what the most elegant language change here is, but...

I thought that was implied by "one of its appointed voting
members"... it's possible to read it otherwise, but it makes my head
hurt..

I thought so too, but then later you say that he/she "may be removed ..
or as a result of his or her departure"

-Ekr