Re: Consensus? #771 Powers of the Chair of the IAOC

2005-01-05 15:22:27
Thanks for the language suggestion!

--On onsdag, januar 05, 2005 16:19:54 -0500 John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com> wrote:

And, FWIW, I still hate "all of the duties and responsibilities
normally associated with such a position" -- it is just too
open-ended and an invitation to arguments about what those are.
IMO, we would be better off saying nothing, just stopping that
sentence after the second occurrence of "IAOC" or, better yet,
just saying "...to serve as its chair."

That went away at the beginning of the thread....... didn't seem controversial, so didn't get quoted all the way down here..