Re: Suggest no change: #739 Assuring ISOC commitment to AdminRest

2005-01-13 15:28:30

--On 13. januar 2005 13:23 -0600 Pete Resnick
<presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> wrote:

However, I don't think there was any disagreement (including from Brian)
that text needed to be added of the form:

"This BCP will take effect upon adoption of the BCP by the IESG and the
concurrent <<insert thing that ISOC does which codifies in some
interesting way the adoption of the relationship by ISOC>>"

To be clear: I think that for <<insert thing that ISOC does>>, we should have what is currently in the BCP:

2.5  Effective Date for Commencement of IASA

  The procedures in this document shall become operational immediately
  after this document has been approved by the process defined in BCP 9
  [RFC2026] and has been affirmed by a resolution of the ISOC Board of
  Trustees.

I have not been convinced by the argument that we need something else.

                        Harald