Re: Suggest no change: #739 Assuring ISOC commitment to AdminRest

2005-01-17 06:57:04

--On 14. januar 2005 12:13 -0800 Ted Hardie <hardie(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
wrote:

If so, I think that is a reasonable approach.  If you want to leave it up
ISOC discussion to determine whether a resolution is sufficient, I suggest
the following:

NEW:

2.5  Effective Date for Commencement of IASA

    The procedures in this document shall become operational
     after this document has been approved by the process defined in
     BCP 9 [RFC2026] , including its acceptance as an IETF process BCP
     by the ISOC Board of Trustees, and the ISOC Board of Trustees
     has confirmed by appropriate means its acceptance of ISOC's
responsibilities
     under the terms herein described.

That would work for me - except that it leaves it somewhat unclear who decides what's "appropriate".
Even more wordsmithing:

2.5  Effective Date for Commencement of IASA

   The procedures in this document shall become operational
    after this document has been approved by the process defined in
    BCP 9 [RFC2026] , including its acceptance as an IETF process BCP
    by the ISOC Board of Trustees, and the ISOC Board of Trustees
    has confirmed its acceptance of ISOC's responsibilities
    under the terms herein described.

Removing "by appropriate means" means that when judging whether the IASA has commenced or not, we have to evaluate the content of ISOC's statement, and not its form. I think it will be a board resolution.

                   Harald