Re: Suggest no change: #739 Assuring ISOC commitment to AdminRest

2005-01-14 02:05:43
Ted,

to your point on form of board resolutions accepting IETF procedures:

Resolution 96-11, which accepted the POISED documents, read:

RESOLVED, that the Board accept the POISED Documents: The Organisations Involved in the IETF Standards Process, IAB and IESG Selection, Confirmation, and Recall Process: Operation of the Nominating and Recall Committees, and The Internet Standards Process -- Revision 3, and accept the responsibilities of ISOC as described in these documents.

I think the last sentence fits with what you are looking for.

I couldn't find an example of a resolution that accepts an IETF procedure BCP without such a clause, but I probably missed it... an amendment to the BCP that says ".... and has been affirmed by a resolution of the ISOC Board of Trustees that accepts ISOC's responsibilities as described in this document" would appear to be consistent with previous practice.

                    Harald