Re: Rough consensus? #425 3.5

2005-01-23 13:31:05
"Leslie" == Leslie Daigle <leslie(_at_)thinkingcat(_dot_)com> writes:

    Leslie> 3.5 Business Decisions

    Leslie> Decisions made by the IAD in the course of carrying out
    Leslie> IASA business activities are subject to review by the
    Leslie> IAOC.

    Leslie> The decisions of the IAOC must be publicly documented to
    Leslie> include voting records for each formal action.

I object to formal voting records being public because this conflicts
with the requirement that the IAOC make decisions by consensus.

I am uncomfortable with the general approach you suggest.

In decreasing preference order, I prefer:

1) margaret's text on decision  review

2) Something like your 3.5 with margaret's text on decision review.  I'd need
to understand what the 3.5 was trying to accomplish better.

3) Harald's text without your 3.5

4) Harald's text with 3.5.

5) Mike's original text.

The point at which I could no longer support the document is either
before option4 or before option 5.

I'm uncomfortable with the 3.5 text because I don't fully understand
what it is trying to accomplish or why that is a good idea.  If the
intent is to prevent some class of business decisions from being
reviewed, then I think I am very uncomfortable.

I can accept that business decisions should not be overturned by an
outside body (although I'm not actually sure I agree), but I will find
it difficult to accept that they should not be reviewed.

--Sam