Re: IDN security violation? Please comment

2005-02-08 15:36:28
"JFC" == JFC (Jefsey) Morfin <jefsey(_at_)jefsey(_dot_)com> writes:

    JFC> Dear James, A Registry can certainly take care of SLD, not of
    JFC> lower levels. IMHO the problem is no more with IDNs (no one
    JFC> want to change RFC 3490!), but to avoid to propagate the
    JFC> problem into the IRI.

Handling this problem at the IRI level is inappropriate.  I don't
think that the domain slot in the IRI is any different than other
internationalized domain slots.

I think we implicitly decided that this problem did not need a
protocol-level fix when we failed to require such a fix either for
IDNs or for all internationalized domain slots.

I think that there was sufficient discussion of the issue that people
were aware of the implications of this decision.

--Sam