Re: Unhosted IETF meetings

2005-03-20 08:42:24
"Spencer Dawkins" <spencer(_at_)mcsr-labs(_dot_)org> writes:

Paris is hosted (including the WLAN), so there is at least 6 months
until it is needed
(is Nortel providing the Vancouver WLAN?).

OK, on a side note... a quick look back at
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/directory.html enties since 2000 makes
me think we're still pretty successful at finding hosts for IETFs
OUTSIDE the US, but about 50-percent successful at finding hosts
INSIDE the US, and especially in Minneapolis...

I'm not privy to exactly how the secretariat decides on the venues,
but I suspect that the relationship may be the reverse. I.e.,
that we have meetings in Minneapolis when we don't get an
offer of a host somewhere else.

-Ekr