Re: reflections from the trenches of ietf62 wireless

2005-03-16 09:14:29
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 07:30:07 -0800
 Dave Crocker <dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:
 On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:55:47 +0100, Henk Uijterwaal wrote:
 So, if we really want this production level network, we should pay people

 to do the work, and add the costs to the meeting fees.  If not, we should
 accept that the volunteers are doing their best but that we will not have
 a perfect network.

we are told the planning effort was fine.  and i'll bet the competence of the
folks doing the
work was fine also.

that leaves equipment.

how much would it cost us to have our own equipment?

Shouldn't the question of _which_ equipment to buy come first ? That will
pretty much
determine the price.

I know that the volunteer teams have some strong opinions on this, as
I have heard their venting.

Paris is hosted (including the WLAN), so there is at least 6 months until it is
needed
(is Nortel providing the Vancouver WLAN?).

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

  d/
  ---