Re: IETF onsite networks; discussion, cash, knowledge

2005-03-21 14:18:19
<snip>

Sure -- but the real questions are:
  1) how many IETF attendees don't have a laptop with them?  Obviously,
those who do, don't need the open terminals.

I don't have a laptop with me and don't want to; I want to be as much part of
the IETF meeting as I can be and lugging a laptop, hunting a power drop with the
right holes, getting distracted by other cyberspace worlds, gets in the way.

In the larger sessions, I look around to see how many people have laptops; my
estimate is around 90%, ie around 10% do not.

Tom Petch