Re:reflections from the trenches of ietf62 wireless

2005-03-15 13:58:04
Hi Keith,

Absolutely not, was not my intention at all to suggest that. They do an
excellent work.

If the meetings are planned much more ahead, there will be more resources,
and even probably will not need for volunteers, because will be possible to
find a host.

Even if we don't have a host, planning ahead will allow, probably using the
same time, to do it better, or for example, manage to convince more people
to volunteer for less time. Some times the problems for volunteering is to
put N hours in one shot or split in several months, which often is easier.

Regards,
Jordi

De: Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>
Responder a: <ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Fecha: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:18:07 -0500
Para: <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es>
CC: <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>, "ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org"
<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Asunto: Re: reflections from the trenches of ietf62 wireless

For me getting the equipment, or even knowing what equipment with more than
one week, is a matter of planning. Making sure that you can make some
staging, access the venue earlier, and even more resources is also planning
in my opinion.

So what you are saying is that the people who are currently providing this
service for free, should donate even more of their time to provide that
service?

Maybe we should ask them to pay for the hardware also?

Keith