RE: text suggested by ADs

2005-04-29 10:59:11

On Friday, April 29, 2005 09:18:08 AM -0700 "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:

You miss out (3) TELL PEOPLE ABOUT THE TRACKER THAT EXISTS.

There is actually a tracker:
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi

Which has been linked to from the internet-drafts page for quite some time now. It's also been mentioned in IETF plenaries and in numerous other forums. I certainly knew about it well before becoming a WG chair.

For example finding out even a simple
matter such as the status of an RFC is not possible by using the Web
site unless you happen to know special information such as the fact that
this is in periodically issued RFCs with 00 numbers.

If you mean "where in the RFC-Editor queue is my document", that information is available on the RFC-Editor's web site, and has been for quite some time now.

If you mean "what is the standards status of RFCxxxx; what updates or obsoletes it, etc", that information is in the rfc-index.txt file, and has been for as long as I can remember.

I will agree with you that the organization of www.ietf.org leaves something to be desired. But the information is available.

-- Jeff