RE: text suggested by ADs

2005-04-29 15:07:56
That's because its like one of those early adventure games where the
view of the site depends on which door you enter by.

I don't know if there is a link from the RFC editor pages to the
material Bob cited. I had not clicked on the link in the RFC listings
pages marked RFC editor because I always assumed that it links to the
same material as the RFC Editor pages.

The IETF web site is like navigating a automated phone dial tree
designed by one of those customer service execs whose objective is to
loose as many complaints as possible.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Crocker [mailto:dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 5:47 PM
To: Bob Braden; Hallam-Baker, Phillip
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: text suggested by ADs

 *> If the STD series is going to be useful then the tool
that spits out
 the   *> current status of the RFCs should spit out HTML
pages with the
 RFCs   *> indexed by status.   *>

 Presumably you mean:

        http://www.rfc-editor.org/category.html

bob,

I've just looked at rfc-editor.org and
rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.  Neither of
them give any indication that there is such a means of listing STDs.

For that matter <http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html>  lists
indices to RFCs,
FYIs and BCPs, but not to STDs!

 d/