RE: text suggested by ADs

2005-04-29 09:19:24
FWIW, this seems fairly easy to implement even now, with
(1) The introduction of the tracker that records comments so
that they can be accessed in a public manner. (2) The
practise where DISCUSS comment resolution is brought back to
the WG list (unless the comments are obvious and non-
controversial enough to be simply put in by the editor).

You miss out (3) TELL PEOPLE ABOUT THE TRACKER THAT EXISTS.

There is actually a tracker:
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi

Once again we come back to one of the core problems with the IETF
processes being a complete lack of information on the Web site.

Many of the issues that have been debated at exhaustive length in
NEWTRACK could have been solved by simply putting the necessary
information on the web site. For example finding out even a simple
matter such as the status of an RFC is not possible by using the Web
site unless you happen to know special information such as the fact that
this is in periodically issued RFCs with 00 numbers.

This information is on the 'Working Group Chairs' page, not the 'ID
authors' page or more usefully the Internet drafts page.

The current IETF Web site appears to have been written by someone whose
ideal of user documentation is the UNIX man pages. It does not appear to
have changed at all since the first time I saw it in fact.