Re: Uneccesary slowness.

2005-05-15 04:55:59
This would be a good topic for the newtrk WG, I think,
since it is so specific.

   Brian

James M. Polk wrote:
At 08:22 PM 5/14/2005 -0400, Will McAfee wrote:

I think the minimum time before a document can pass to another
standards-track state is ridiculously long.  If an rfc is huge, I can
understand that.  But to sweep that over all of them?  A two-page
proposed standard can take an absolutely ridiculous amount of time to
pass through!

each of the normative references need to be at that higher level too though... even for your 2 page PS-RFC

I say we have variations based on how long the document
is.

cheers,
James