Re: IANA Considerations

2005-06-09 08:47:33
In message <0F8DC6A4B302BD40621C69AF(_at_)scan(_dot_)jck(_dot_)com>, John C
Klensin writes:
Brian,

We agree about the desirability of making sure than some things
are explicitly documented and explicitly part of what gets
reviewed.  But I continue to believe, as I have believed for
years, that adding more and more mandatory material to RFCs or
I-Ds is not the best solution to that particular problem.

From where I sat, the problem was trying to ensure that a WG thought
about an issue.  Neither mandatory material nor checkoff boxes
accomplish that, but I think the former is often more useful because
material in an I-D is visible to the entire WG.