Re: Should the IESG rule or not? and all that...

2005-07-01 15:42:38

You seem to think that every IETF participant _except_ those on IESG
should do so.   You seem to think that everyone else should be able to
exercise their judgement but that the IESG should just serve as process facilitators and rubber stamp technical decisions that others make.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought the exercise of IETF judgement relied on rough consensus. Having a subset of folks impose their own, personal preferences -- oh, sorry, their judgement -- is not using rough consensus to make ietf decisions.

In other words, Keith, I did not say what you are asserting. I did not mean what you are asserting.

What I said is that the IETF is supposed to be the decision-maker, not the IESG.

--

  d/

 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking