Re: draft-klensin-nomcom-term-00.txt

2005-07-26 21:20:16

I too like this draft and agree that having most IESG members serve for two terms is ideal and making it more the exception that people serve for three or four terms. I also like the flexibility it gives the NOMCOM without creating strict term limits.

When someone is "needed" for more than two terms, what does that say about the state of their area?

The IETF is based on the commitment of community participation, rather than the brilliance of individual leadership.

If we do not have multiple, acceptable choices for an AD slot, then we have a deeper problem with the Area (and/or with the job of being AD, of course.)

What would happen if the term limit were firm, with no exceptions?

d/