Re: draft-klensin-nomcom-term-00.txt

2005-07-27 07:42:25
Brian E Carpenter <brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com> wrote:
Spencer Dawkins wrote:

If there is community consensus that this draft proposes something
reasonable, would we give the draft to the incoming NOMCOM as part of
their instructions and perform a BCP 93 process experiment?

in answer to your question, I'm sure the answer is no, because the
two-stage process suggested in the draft will add a significant number
of weeks to the process, and we would almost certainly have to start
about two months earlier.

   I'm not at all sure that we can't have sufficient overlap to fit
it all into approximately the existing timeframe, but...

   We shouldn't even _try_ to make this "part of their instructions".
The Nomcom will be aware of this discussion: I'm pretty sure that
someone will make sure all Nomcom members see it. We should let the
Nomcom we're about to assemble consider this and make their own
decision about how much of it to try.

   Then that Nomcom can make recommendations about necessary schedule
changes for the next Nomcom.

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>