Re: draft-klensin-nomcom-term-00.txt

2005-07-27 08:12:20
Brian - while I haven't thought through all of the implications of the
process in draft-klensin-nomcom-term-00.txt, I don't think the two-stage
process will necessarily significantly length then process.  The
proposed process would require re-shuffling of of specific tasks, but I
don't think it fundamentally adds any new work to the work in the
current process.  There are serialization and dependency timing issues,
but I think there is also some work that might be eliminated from the
current process.

The proposed process might also provide some time saving by
compartmentalizing the decision process - my intuition from recent
experience on nomcom is that some of the deliberation might have gone
more quickly if we had teased apart retention from nomination.

And some of the decision process would go away in the case of ADs who
have reached their term limits.

- Ralph