Re: draft-klensin-nomcom-term-00.txt

2005-07-26 19:40:46
Spencer

Let me add my agreement to this ID as a good idea with balance.

At 05:18 PM 7/26/2005 -0500, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
This draft (available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-nomcom-term-00.txt)
does a reasonable job of balancing between current-generation leadership continuity and next-generation leadership development.

I would like to see this ID become one form of guidance for the next NOMCOM (as Spencer offers below), acknowledging this effort has not reached community consensus to date.

If I read RFC 3777 correctly, we will be assembling the next NOMCOM very soon ("at least two months before the Third IETF"). So, I'm wondering...

If there is community consensus that this draft proposes something reasonable, would we give the draft to the incoming NOMCOM as part of their instructions and perform a BCP 93 process experiment?

Spencer

cheers,
James