RE: draft-klensin-nomcom-term-00.txt

2005-07-29 06:02:03

Behalf Of Lakshminath Dondeti

For the 3rd term, I would place the incumbent at the same
level as a new
candidate (assuming neutral feedback on the sitting AD, or even if
he/she is doing a very good job).

For the 4th term, I would favor new candidates than the
incumbent (so
unless the sitting AD is excellent and the area absolutely needs
him/her, and no one else can do half-the-job etc. :-)).

I really think this is missing the point.

No matter how good an incumbent they are much less likely to ask
questions of the form 'why has this WG existed for over a decade?', 'why
isn't it finished?', 'why is nobody using it?'