Re: draft-klensin-nomcom-term-00.txt

2005-07-29 07:57:48

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
What if you were planning to use the output of the Working Group?

Sorry, I thought you were aiming toward the age old "this working group
has existed too long" debate.  On the usefulness question, I actually
think an experienced AD is going to know what works and what doesn't,
more so than an inexperienced one.  But the AD doesn't invent the ideas.
 So...

The Internet faces two rather serious problems. The Internet is not
secure and we are running out of address space faster than IPv6
deployment is proceeding.

"Imminent Death of the Net Predicted"®

Wake me when it happens.  Economics will have its say here, IMHO.

We really could use a version of DNSSEC that can be deployed.

Ummm... Physician, Heal Thyself?

Eliot