RE: draft-klensin-nomcom-term-00.txt

2005-07-29 07:08:14

From: Eliot Lear [mailto:lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com]

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
No matter how good an incumbent they are much less likely to ask
questions of the form 'why has this WG existed for over a decade?',
'why isn't it finished?', 'why is nobody using it?'

If an AD isn't asking those questions it's probably because
it's not taking any of his/her time.  And if it's not taking
their time I really don't care if it exists or not.

What if you were planning to use the output of the Working Group?

The Internet faces two rather serious problems. The Internet is not
secure and we are running out of address space faster than IPv6
deployment is proceeding.

We really could use a version of DNSSEC that can be deployed.