RE: Myths of the IESG: Reading documents is the problem

2005-08-13 15:30:13
Brian responded on this thread:
Having a non-cognizant AD press late-stage issues leads to the question
of why they did not pay attention earlier?  If the topic is important
enough for them to delay the wg output now, why was it not important
enough earlier?

It seems to me that the *primary* responsibility for ensuring that
the WG considers everything it should consider, at an early enough
stage, lies with the WG Chair(s).

Certainly, the AD has an oversight and mentoring role here,
especially for first-time WG Chairs, but your obvious question
should be directed first to the WG Chair(s) and only second to
the ADs.

I don't mean the ADs have no duties in this area - but they
can't be everywhere at once and read every email.

And there you a hit a second MAIN LOAD on ADs.
I (for one) get FAR too many (often long) emails that I need
to read and evaluate and have an opinion on.

This thread started on Aug 9th, and only now (saturday evening Aug 13th)
am I reading this thread of some 24 (pretty long) emails.

Bert
     Brian