Re: Stopping loss of transparency...

2005-08-17 09:08:02
In message <43033596(_dot_)5040208(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com>, Brian E
Carpenter writes:
Roland,

You can ask some pointed questions using RFC 4084 ("exactly which
of these descriptions applies to your service, and please show
me in the contract where you are allowed to change your service
without notice").  But I suspect that even free copies of
RFC 1958, 2775, 3234 and 4084 will not be enough to convince them.

Publicity might help.  A few years ago, my local cable ISP (Comcast)
deployed a "transparent" web proxy.  This prompted a lot of outrage,
including claims that they were violating the wiretap law.  They backed
down in about a week.