Re: New attempt to kill "whois"

2005-08-24 11:59:42
JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

voluntary publication of information has an extremely
flexible and powerfull tool at its disposition. It is
named the web.

Sure, and reporting trouble also has some powerful tools,
send a mail to postmaster@ or abuse@ or similar addresses.

The whois info is for cases where this does not work as
expected, server down or hopelessly misconfigured, and
other cases where straight-forward approaches fail.

Personally I'm not interested in any other whois data -
okay, sometimes the nameserver, and while I don't need
it I understand that others might try phone calls if a
phone number is offered (so the published data should
be correct).

As a ccTLD Registry we do _not_ publish any information.

Out of curiosity, which country code are you talking
about ?  BTW, setting up a whois server is simpler than
a Web server.
                         Bye, Frank