Re: Petition to the IESG for a PR-action against Jefsey Morfin posted

2005-09-30 05:42:26
Harald,
Just out of curiosity : is there a symmetrical way to oppose a petition like this one ? Or can arguments only be one-sided ? I think such a petition page should contain several choices : approve, disapprove, don't care,... The way it is done on the page is heavily slanted towards approval of the ban, and offers no way to oppose it. This is understandable because it is partial, but partiality should not have a say when gathering opinions that may ultimately result in collective action. What we need is a tool to weight whether there is a significant majority of people approving the ban, not one that tells us some people want it (which will always be verified).
Regards,
Julien..

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

I have now finished my work on a petition explaining to the IESG why I think Jefsey Morfin should be banned from posting on the IETF list under RFC 3683.

--
Julien Maisonneuve                      2.333
Alcanet 2101 1145                       Alcatel HQ - Standardisation