Re: Petition to the IESG for a PR-action against Jefsey Morfin posted

2005-09-30 14:50:32
Melinda Shore writes:

Unfortunately that no longer works all that well on Usenet,
either.  The participant pool grows to the point where there's
always somebody new, or somebody who thinks that the problem
person has a point and who wants to discuss it, or someone
who thinks the problem person doesn't have a point but has
some ill-defined right to be heard, and so on.

You say it as though these were bad things.

That can work well in some small, close-knit online
communities where there's a very large set of shared values,
but it doesn't work all that well here.

That is, small communities where everyone has the same opinion and no
deviations are tolerated.

Mind you, I just freakin' hate this.  But I don't think the
process itself as described in 3683 is at all unreasonable.

You'll hate it even more when they come looking for you instead.