Re: Petition to the IESG for a PR-action against Jefsey Morfin posted

2005-09-30 12:08:36
Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
It doesn't make me feel good either. But the alternatives I saw were:

- Don't do anything, and let Jefsey continue doing damage
- Make a solo proposal (or one with its supporters gathered privately) to the IESG for a PR-action
- Be public, and see who else agreed with my opinion

what about:

- killfile the person and encourage others to do the same?

Is Usenet really that distant of a memory? And the dynamics
would probably work the right way too: on Usenet, there can
be an amusement factor associated with the abuse bottom's
torment which makes for a sustained feedback loop. But this
is a professional organization, not an electronic cocktail
party so I'd expect convergence more often than the feedback
loop.

This leaves the chairs who would have to deal with the person,
but one would assume that it would eventually get lonely doing
write-only posts and eventually go away. Only if that didn't
work should the posting death penalty be contemplated, IMO.

                Mike, with no opinion on the specific case