Re: Reexamining premises (was Re: UN plans to take over our job!)

2005-09-30 15:59:00
Anthony G. Atkielski wrote:

Michael Mealling writes:

As the result of a service lookup they only need something that
identifies the class and subclass of the service the URI is an
identifier for...

What's wrong with "http" at the front, and/or a port number at the
back?

Those are network concepts. The "service" I'm talking about has to do with the task the user is actually attempting to accomplish.

http://foo.com:1235/bla.php

Tells me nothing about whether I can use that for the "I want the current weather report" service or if its a DAV entry point for doing collaborative document management....

That's my last one on this thread. I'm not in this business anymore....

-MM

--
Michael Mealling                  Masten Space Systems, Inc.
VP Business Development                       473 Sapena Ct.